• July 17Follow Arlington High Student Media on Instagram @ahsstumedia
  • July 17Follow Arlington High Student Media on Twitter @ahsstumedia
The student news site of Arlington High School

The Colt

The Colt

The Colt

Senior’s ‘wild side’ attracts advertiser’s attention

Senior Rebekah Tate is featured in an ad for Amtrak that ran in the October 24 edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Senior Rebekah Tate is known around school for her zebra-striped prosthetic leg but now she’s getting attention for something else. Tate was featured in an Amtrak ad in the October 24 edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“People have noticed me outside of school,” Tate said. “A coach saw me at a store and said ‘Hey, you’re in the paper.'”

In July, Tate and her family were waiting to board a train for Chicago for a mission trip when she was approached by Amtrak advertising employees.

“They noticed my leg and wanted to know if I wanted to be in an ad for them,” Tate said. “They took pictures of me inside and outside of the station and asked me a few questions. They told me they’d use my picture but they didn’t say exactly when.”

Tate’s family does not subscribe to the Star-Telegram so she was surprised when she came to school and people were talking about her.

“People gave me extra copies and my mom went out and bought 12 [papers] because everyone in my family wanted one,” she said.

Tate has taken the fame in stride.

“I was super excited to see the ad,” she said. “And a lot more people have been talking to me.”