The Colt

• September 8Follow the AHS Yearbook on Twitter @AHSColtsYB

• October 8Follow The Colt on Twitter @TheAHSColt

Start the music festival season off right, win two free tickets to JMBLYA

Back to Article
Back to Article

Interested in free JMBLYA tickets? Comment below and tell us why you deserve to go to the concert for free.

Contest Rules:

• Be sure to include your name with your comment.
  • One entry per student.
  • Only open to current AHS students.
  • AHS Publications students are not allowed to enter.
  • Contest ends at 11:59 p.m., Thursday, May 2.
  • Winner will be drawn at random and announced Friday morning.
31 Comments

31 Responses to “Start the music festival season off right, win two free tickets to JMBLYA”

1. Brendan Barnes on April 29th, 2019 10:54 AM

Well I’ve tried to go the last 3 years but baseball and work always get in the way. And my best friend favorite rapper is going so I think getting selected to win these tickets to Jambalaya would mean the world to me it absolutely make me happy 3 years in the making. Thank you Brendan barnes Senior at Arlington High School

2. Jacqueline Hernandez on April 29th, 2019 10:55 AM

I think I deserve to go to the festival because it’s my senior year! And since it’s my last year and I never win anything this would be awesome to be able to see one of my favorite artist sing and be able to attend the festival with friends one last time before I head to college.

3. Oscar Arrieta on April 29th, 2019 10:57 AM

Because I love music and I would love to go to this concert with my friends

4. Nathan Chapa on April 29th, 2019 10:58 AM

I love music and this festival is always so much fun and I would love to go and enjoy myself

5. Maddie West on April 29th, 2019 11:03 AM

winning these tickets would mean a lot to me because my bestfriend is having a tough time at AHS. Because of the amount of work we receive shes shut her self out from our friend group as she sees theres no way she can get help. I want to show her she can still be a teenager and that she can have a career experience and see her favorite artist.

6. Sara Youssef on April 29th, 2019 11:18 AM

I would like enjoy myself with friends before college starts

7. Kentayshija Pruitt on April 29th, 2019 11:20 AM

I would love to go to this concert to be able to have fun with my friends and listen to fun music and have a great time

8. Trinity James on April 29th, 2019 11:25 AM

I believe that I should win the concert tickets for a couple reasons 1) I’ve never been to a concert and I think it would be a really fun experience 2) Kevin gates and young boy are performing and I absolutely LOVE them 3) I never win anything 4)I have a fun joke:Why did Mozart kill his chickens? Because they ran around screaming “Bach! Bach! Bach!”
    -Trinity James 11th grade

9. Anthonyia balogun on April 29th, 2019 11:26 AM

My brothers birthday is in the same day as jmbayla and he means so much to me and as always been a selfless person towards me and my sibling s and it would mean the world to him and me if we won the tickets his favorite artist is Travis Scott and he had work and soccer so he could not go to Astroworld
    Thank for reading, Anthonyia balogun

10. Sara Youssef on April 29th, 2019 11:27 AM

I love this music and it would be so much fun to go before college with friends

11. Willie Ruiz on April 29th, 2019 11:28 AM

I’d love to win the tickets because I really want to enjoy the last few months I have left before I go off to college. I also really love all the artists performing there.

12. Mackenzie hodges on April 29th, 2019 11:33 AM

I wanna go because I’ve never been and it would be an awesome experience and it looks like a lot of fun 🙂

13. April Alarcon on April 29th, 2019 12:35 PM

I feel like I’m my four years of high school I didn’t get to really do things If you know what I mean, school consumed everything but in a positive way because now I’m graduating but I think this would be such a great last hoorah type of thing for me. I don’t get to have a senior trip either so this would definitely make up for it !

14. Angel Galarza on April 29th, 2019 12:48 PM

I would love to go to JMBLYA to experience The culture for this music festival. I would like to have fun and Deserve to enjoy it. Angel Galarza- Senior

15. Lizbeth Valdez on April 29th, 2019 1:03 PM

It’s honestly been a really rough year for me and my best friend. I think he even deserves these tickets more than i do, but id love to surprise him. We dont exactly have the money right now, but we could definitely use a nice vacation.

16. Moyii Tesso on April 29th, 2019 2:12 PM

Winning these tickets would completely brighten my whole dark & sad month of April and start my May month off with a bang. I do listen to the artists they’re featuring which would make the experience even better that I can listen to the music and sing along to it. I’m Moyii Tesso.

17. Destiny Rodarte on April 29th, 2019 2:17 PM

I would love to go because I’ve been having a tough time this year and I feel like this will be the thing that will help me. I’ve just been too stressed about grades, sports, the clubs I’m in ,and work it’s just a lot to balance everything. But I really think this festival will let me have a good time and just be a normal teenager and not have a worry in the world.

18. Felipe Carrera on April 29th, 2019 9:02 PM

I’ve always wanted to see the music festival and it would be amazing if I could go.

19. Daniela medellin on April 30th, 2019 9:41 AM

It would be my first concert, and the artist performing I listen to on a daily. As a teen that lives in a Mexican house hold my parents will never pay for tickets especially since they are very expensive. If i won these tickets I can invite my brother who has helped me tremendously throughout my high school experience and it would be my small way of showing him that I appreciate the advice and time he’s given me.

20. Kevin richard on April 30th, 2019 10:55 AM

I’m trying giving it to my momma because she love Kevin Gates and I wanna surprise her for her birthday

21. Mirta Solis on April 30th, 2019 10:56 AM

I would love to win these tickets so I can enjoy myself with some friends at the festival

22. Aj Lopez on April 30th, 2019 11:04 AM

I am entering this because i need a break from school, balancing 2 jobs, sports, and family issues. This would make a bad year turn into a good one, winning this would be a once in a lifetime deal.

23. mimi nguyen on April 30th, 2019 6:33 PM

it would great winning these tickets bc my friend and i have been through some reaaaal #%*& this year, so we deserve something good for once. lmao and we love travis and lil wayne

24. Grace pacheco on May 1st, 2019 4:17 PM

Concerts are one of my favorite life experiences and I love and cherish each one I’ve gone to. I’ve been to Jmblya since freshman year. Unfortunately this year it’s out of my price range. So i deserve to go because it’s a tradition !!

25. alice falaye on May 2nd, 2019 12:02 PM

well i know this is late but i’ve being trying to get this tickets for like ever and i don’t even know what to do again ,but if i get the tickets i’ll be really grateful ps you guys are the best .

26. Rebecca Cichock on May 2nd, 2019 6:32 PM

I’m always super busy with school and work and winning these tickets would be so much fun! I would be able to have some fun free time and spend it with good music and friends

27. Elaina Williams on May 2nd, 2019 6:38 PM

I have put a lot of time into my school work this year and I feel as though I should win these to hang out with a senior friend who is graduating and I won’t be able to see them afterwards.

28. Aubrie Johnson on May 2nd, 2019 7:13 PM

I would love to win these tickets so I could surprise my friend so she can see her favorite artist! It would be so much fun to be able to go to this festival with her so we can have fun before she leave to college in August!

29. Alex Olivas on May 2nd, 2019 7:43 PM

I would love to be able to take my friend to this festival and have fun! So I really hope I win these tickets

30. Krista Vasquez on May 2nd, 2019 8:16 PM

It would be so awesome for me to win these tickets so I can go to JMBLYA with my friends! We would have such a great time! And by winning these tickets I can!!

31. Grace pacheco on May 3rd, 2019 10:03 AM

I love Jmblya I’ve been going for the past 3 years. This year it was too expensive and I could not afford tickets. I love concerts and they have been the best part of my last years. I deserve to go because it would make it a very happy tradition.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Start the music festival season off right, win two free tickets to JMBLYA

Entertainment

“Unicorn Store” a technicolor disappointment

Entertainment

Staffer raves about “Little”, says it is a ‘must-see’

Entertainment

Review: Staffer feels “Us” worth watching more than once

Entertainment

Conspiracy theories abound after notable rapper, activist shot to death

Entertainment

‘Surviving R. Kelly’ sheds light on years of alleged abuse, shocks, angers staffer

Entertainment

Newest installment of Transformers movies entertains

Entertainment

Staffer shares her “Top 10” songs of 2018

Entertainment

Lifelong fan reviews “To Selena With Love”

Entertainment

‘The Hate U Give’ provides relevant commentary on today’s cultural climate

Entertainment

Staffer reviews new Netflix film “Dumplin’”

The student news site of Arlington High School