The Colt

• September 8Follow the AHS Yearbook on Twitter @AHSColtsYB

• October 8Follow The Colt on Twitter @TheAHSColt

Most anticipated film of the year, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ lives up to hype

With the success of “Black Panther”, the hype for “Infinity War” was already high, but when they pushed the premiere forward by a week it exploded. “Avengers: Infinity War”, is the climax of the current Marvel Cinematic Universe and one of the most anticipated films of the year.

On Twitter, directors and actors alike advocated to stay spoiler-free. With “Thanos demanding your silence,” this review will be as spoiler-free as possible.

Surpassing “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” in the opening box office weekend, the film earned an estimated total of $258.2 million in the United States alone. The film was created to be a financial success and a fan favorite.

Tickets were hard to find on opening weekend, those who didn’t pre-purchase their tickets had to either wait an extra week or watch the film in an oversold theatre with sold out seats.

The ambiance of the theatre was ecstatic, before the film everyone was talking and theorizing about the film and the possible deaths. Early apologies of screaming and crying were met with agreement and solidarity. The moment that the film started, the audience went silent.

The film’s opening scene was a shocker and the theater’s atmosphere changed to complete shock. The past two Avengers films have a lighter opening scene but “Infinity War” was bleak and hopeless. A recurring mood throughout the film.

Action scenes are one of the most important part of superhero films with both Marvel and DC comics being known for their jaw-dropping action scenes. “Infinity War” had both impactful and fun action scenes, the thin line between comedic and serious was crossed fluidly. Fun-filled fights, while in the minority, helped even out the pain that the rest of the film caused. Nearly every hero had a moment in the spotlight, something that critics and fans alike were skeptical about when the film was first announced.

The plot was another point of skepticism before the film was released. “Infinity War”’s large cast had the potential to make or break the success of the film, and even after the film was released there is still some controversy over its impact. Overall, the film had moments where the plot lost focus, but for the most part it did flow smoothly enough for the audience to keep up. “Infinity War”’s plot accomplished what it wanted to establish, there was some comedy that at times felt out of place, but it was needed to help keep the balance of the film.

The character’s dynamics felt natural for the most part, it was obvious that actors had plenty of chemistry on and off the set. There was some questionable characterization in the second half of the film that made a lot of fans angry, but for the sake of spoilers, be prepared for a mixed audience reaction during an important scene.

Aside from that, the first half of the movie was delightful, with character interactions that Marvel fans have been dreaming of. New character dynamics, old friendships mended, and quirky rivalries helped place the last block in the world building that the MCU started 10 years ago,

Overall, “Infinity War” is the beginning of the end for the iconic Avengers. Laughs, pain and plenty of tears will be shed throughout the film. Is it the most anticipated film of the year? Yes. Is it worth the watch? Yes.